Individual Agent Membership
CLIA membership started my career. Through my CLIA education, I was able to learn the fundamentals of cruising (destinations, elements of a cruise ship, etc.) and how to sell cruises (marketing, gaining new clients, etc.). Essentially, CLIA taught me how to “become a travel agent” and then gave me the tools to further my career through certification training. I have had several people come up to me in recent times and ask how they can get into the travel business. I always tell them to start with CLIA!
– Rebecca Needham, Independent Travel Counselor, Triumph Travel,
MCC, Certified Sandals Specialist
CLIA Individual Agent Membership Overview
Why Join CLIA?
As the global cruise industry trade association, we leverage our relationships with our Cruise Line Members, Executive Partners and the travel community to provide you, our Travel Agency Members and Individual Agent Members, with the best benefits, tools and resources to navigate the cruise industry, attract more clients and increase your earnings.
- Cruise Finder: Access ship information, itineraries, onboard amenities and programs across CLIA’s Cruise Line Members.
- Commissions and travel perks: Bonus commissions and personal travel discounts from CLIA Cruise Line Members and Executive Partners, including new opportunities for commissions from Marriott International and Samsonite.
- Professional Development: CLIA’s professional development helps you keep your skills polished. With CLIA certification and certificate programs, instructor-led training, professional development events and online courses, CLIA provides a host of opportunities to take your career to the next level.
- 2017 CLIA EMBARC ID: All Individual Agent Members receive the CLIA EMBARC ID, the official credential of the global cruise industry. EMBARC ID entitles you to priority invitation and confirmation for ship inspections, seminars at sea and FAM trips, as well as access to CLIA member benefits, including Cruise Line Member and Executive Partner commissions. 2016 Individual Agent Members who are renewing their memberships do not need to submit a new photo for their 2017 EMBARC ID. New for 2017: Your EMBARC ID will be mailed directly to you, rather than to your agency. Please note that benefits are effective January 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017.
- Agent Finder: Get listed on CLIA’s online Agent Finder to promote yourself to consumers looking for knowledgeable and reliable cruise-focused travel professionals. Individual Agent Membership includes a complimentary listing underneath your agency’s listing. If you work outside your agency's zip code, boost your profile even further by purchasing an additional listing in your 50-mile location radius for $19.95 for the entire year!
- Cruise tv: Engaging and informative videos you can share directly with your clients, through social media or email.
- Exclusive Members-Only Discounts: Enjoy discounted pricing on CLIA and Executive Partner products, including CLIA certification courses, event registrations and more.
- Connect with Key Cruise Line, Destination and Industry Representatives: CLIA events, including Cruise360, the cruise industry’s official, largest and most dynamic conference, provide you with an opportunity to network with others in the industry.
- Relevant and Timely Information: The latest industry trends and information delivered straight to your inbox.
To qualify for CLIA Individual Agent Membership (IAM), your affiliated agency must be a current CLIA Travel Agency Member. CLIA recommends that agents generate a minimum of $5,000 in total agency commissions from cruise bookings within the 12 months prior to enrollment. Travel Agency Members maintain absolute discretion over their IAM approvals and denials. CLIA maintains complete authority over the acceptance and cancellation of its members. Any member not adhering to the CLIA Membership Terms and Conditions and Code of Ethics is subject to immediate membership revocation without refund.