Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) has opened nominations for the eleventh annual CLIA Hall of Fame Awards recognizing individuals, both past and present, whose efforts and accomplishments represent a significant contribution to the cruise industry. Nominations are due no later than February 12, 2015, and will be accepted through submissions at http://www.cruising.org/2015-hall-fame-nomination-information.
“The CLIA Hall of Fame Awards recognize the amazing talent, creativity, business acumen, dedication and resilience of individuals that have helped to advance the cruise industry,” said Cindy D’Aoust, Executive Vice President, Membership and Operations, CLIA. “There are so many people who contribute to the success of our industry. We encourage our members to nominate a potential inductee to be considered for these elite awards.”
Those nominating individuals are asked to describe, in 50 words or less, how the potential inductee has contributed to the cruise industry in one of the following categories:
- Cruise Retailer Award – A cruise vacation seller who has distinguished themselves as a leader in cruise vacation sales and travel distribution.
- Cruise Line Executive Award – A cruise line executive whose efforts and accomplishments represent a significant contribution to the business of cruise vacations.
- Cruise Sales Innovator Award – A cruise vacation retailer who stands out as an innovator, pioneering unique strategies, ideas and programs that have significantly contributed to developing and growing the cruise vacation industry.
Nominations received from CLIA’s North America membership community will be reviewed by members of CLIA’s Trade Relations Committee based upon the following criteria and considerations:
- Did the nominee’s accomplishments change or affect the cruise industry in a positive way?
- Why is the nominee considered to be a positive role model?
- What did the nominee accomplish that set him or her apart from others in the industry?
The 2015 inductees will be honored at a gala dinner during the CLIA cruise3sixty conference in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on April 23, 2015. CLIA’s cruise3sixty 2015 will be held April 22-26 at the Broward County Convention Center in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Registration is open. For more information, visit www.cruise3sixty.com.
Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) is the world's largest cruise industry trade association with representation in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australasia. CLIA represents the interests of cruise lines and travel agents and is engaged in providing travel agent training, and marketing communications to promote the value and desirability of a cruise holiday vacation. For more information on CLIA, the cruise industry, and CLIA-member cruise lines and travel agencies, visit www.cruising.org. CLIA can also be followed on the Cruise Lines International Association's Facebook and Twitter fan pages.