Industry Experts to Provide Five Days of Insights on the Future of Cruising During April 2-6, 2014 Conference
Fort Lauderdale, FL — March 31, 2014 —
Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) has assembled some of the travel industry’s top experts and speakers to be part of the 10th anniversary cruise3sixty conference and trade show, which is set to take place April 2-6, 2014 at the Broward County Convention Center in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
This “must-attend” event for travel agents includes 10 new CLIA training and professional development seminars, three days of networking events, three general sessions and a two-day trade show showcasing more than 300 exhibiting companies, including CLIA member cruise lines. Agents will also have the opportunity to tour a record 24 cruise ships and participate in over 50 product and destination seminars. Cruise3sixty 2014 is expected to have one of the largest delegate attendances in the show’s history.
“Since its inception, cruise3sixty has set the standard for cruise-focused travel agent conferences,” says CLIA President & CEO Christine Duffy. “Celebrating 10 years and looking ahead to the future, cruise3sixty will continue to reflect our core commitment to support our travel agent partners to be successful."
The dynamic cruise3sixty general sessions get under way on Friday, April 4 and include the following:
- Remarks from Christine Duffy
- CEO panel discussion on the future of cruising with Arnold Donald, President and CEO of Carnival Corporation & plc; Richard D. Fain, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.; Kevin Sheehan, Chief Executive Officer of Norwegian Cruise Line; and Pierfrancesco Vago, Executive Chairman of MSC Cruises
- Keynote address on “The Happiness Factor in Personal and Business Success” presented by Humorist, Author and Professional Motivational Speaker Kathleen Passanisi, PT, CSP, CPAE, of New Perspectives
The general session on Saturday, April 5 continues the theme of growing cruise sales now and in the future with the following:
- New Senior Vice President of Agency Membership and Trade Relations Dwain Wall will lead two panels featuring cruise line sales leaders, discussing how to “Create a Gold Rush – Prospecting and Finding Your Next Cruise Customer,” and “The Art of the Upsell and Closing the Sale”
- Presenting sponsor American Express, as well as a guest speaker from Travel + Leisure magazine will each provide insights on cruise and leisure travel trends
- Gold sponsor Amadeus will address trends that will help travel agents prepare for today and the future of cruise sales
The general sessions conclude on Sunday, April 6 with three inspiring presentations:
- Michael Green, renowned epicurean and marketing expert will speak about “Setting the Table for Success: Trends in Culinary Travel” and how agents can leverage authentic food and wine experiences to drive sales in a growing market
- Jessica Myers Rodbell, Travel Industry Head, Southeast of Google will share how to use technology to succeed in business with “Be First To the Future”
- And motivational speaker Stuart L. Cohen of Exclamation Points, Inc. will provide his perspective in “Loyalty Is For The Birds — 25 Tips for Achieving Remarkable Customer Loyalty & Strong Partnerships”
Agent registration is still open for the 10th anniversary cruise3sixty. CLIA members and non-members are encouraged to register now for the world’s best cruise conference at www.cruise3sixty.com. For more on the benefits of CLIA membership, visit www.cruising.org.