Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), the world’s largest cruise trade association, today unveiled new Individual Agent Membership benefits available at http://cruising.org/membership-center/agent-membership/premium-agent-cruise-line-offers. All 26 CLIA North American Cruise Line Members are now offering an unprecedented number of special offers valued at an estimated $5,000. These offers, exclusively for 2015 CLIA agent members, include agent bonus commissions, reduced rate cruises for agent personal travel, priority FAM trip invitations and special benefits for CLIA-certified agent members.
CLIA collaborated with travel agents, agencies and member cruise lines to redesign its 2015 Individual Agent Membership Program structure to offer and deliver unprecedented new benefits that truly address the changing needs of cruise-focused agents. As a result, CLIA’s Individual Travel Agent Program features exclusive special offers from all North American member cruise lines, as well as access to exclusive training and business development. Best of all, the program is more affordable than ever before.
“Our new individual membership benefits were designed with, and for agents to provide the most comprehensive assortment of benefits that are easier to redeem that ever before,” said Cindy D’Aoust, Executive Vice President, Membership and Operations, CLIA. “The launch of these special offers from all 26 Cruise Line Members is an example of our commitment, and that of the cruise industry, to create and continually improve our Agent Membership Program and help our member agents achieve the highest level of success in cruise travel.”
Once an agency joins as a Silver, Gold or Diamond member, agents may join for as low as $49/$99, based on the level of their agency membership. Member Agents will receive multiple benefits through the CLIA Individual Membership Program, including:
- Membership Card – The new membership card replaces the traditional CLIA ID card and is now included in the price of membership, but still comes with all the same partner benefits.
- Hundreds of Special Offers from 26 Member Cruise Lines – The special offers include onboard credits, priority access to FAM trips, inaugurals, and seminars at sea, plus bonus commissions redeemable at the individual Agent Level. The combined offers are worth an estimated $5,000.
- Product Training Access – Agents will be able to access Integrated Member Cruise Line Product Training later in 2015.
- Preferential Pricing – Members will receive discounts on select training, certification and cruise3sixty, the official cruise conference of the cruise line industry.
- Preferential Registration – Members can also take advantage of preferential registration for ship inspections at cruise3sixty (must be a registered attendee).
- Updates from the Hill – CLIA generated information and insight reports about important activities on the legislative front, direct from Washington, DC.
- Personalized CLIA Agent Member Certificate and the 2015 CLIA Member Guide.
- For a limited time, individual Travel Agent Listing in the "Cruise Agent Finder" in the consumer section of cruising.org.
- Email news, promotions and updates from CLIA, CLIA Member Lines, and CLIA's travel industry partners.
- Access to Sales & Marketing Tools including the 2015 Cruise Manual, FAQ Brochures, CLIA Member Line Brochure Rack and other valuable materials, all with customizable features.
- Unique Agent ID # - Each individual agent member will receive a personal identification number which can be used to access exclusive areas of the cruising.org website.
- The benefits are only available to individual paid Agent Members. Agents are encouraged to sign up at http://cruising.org/membership-center/clia-membership-matters-more-ever.
*To qualify for membership, travel agency must be a CLIA Member; agents are required to earn a minimum of $5,000 in total cruise commissions over the past 12 months (verified or waived by the agency). The commissions are gross prior to split or share with agency. Rate is based on Agency's Level of Membership.
Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) is the world's largest cruise industry trade association with representation in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australasia. Celebrating its 40th Anniversary in 2015, CLIA represents the interests of cruise lines and travel agents and is engaged in providing travel agent training and marketing communications to promote the value and desirability of a cruise holiday vacation. For more information on CLIA, the cruise industry, and CLIA-member cruise lines and travel agencies, visit www.cruising.org. CLIA can also be followed on the Cruise Lines International Association's Facebook and Twitter fan pages.