North America Office
Executive Partner Membership and support, Public Relations, Marketing, Membership
Global Corporate Headquarters
Technical and Regulatory Affairs, Public Affairs
Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) is the world's largest cruise industry trade association with representation in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australasia. CLIA represents the interests of cruise lines, travel agents, port authorities and destinations, and various industry business partners before regulatory and legislative policy makers. CLIA is also engaged in travel agent training, research and marketing communications to promote the value and desirability of cruise holiday vacations with thousands of travel agency and travel agent members.
CLIA North America is comprised of 26 cruise lines and 10,500 travel agencies representing more than 35,000 individual travel agents. In addition, more than 120 of the most innovative suppliers of goods and services to the cruise industry make up CLIA’s Executive Partner Program.
CLIA’s primary roles are to:
- Promote the cruise product to both travel agents and consumers.
- Provide cruise selling agencies the highest level of professional sales training and marketing support and promote the value of a CLIA member travel agency to the traveling public.
- Raise awareness about the cruise experience through its travel agent training, public relations and promotions.
- Advocate the industry’s legal, legislative and technical positions to key domestic and international regulatory organizations, policy makers and other industry partners to foster continued growth of a safe and secure cruise industry.
- Monitor and participate actively in the development of domestic and international maritime policies and regulations.
- Actively protect the marine environment with minimal impact on the ocean, marine life and destinations.