CLIA is the industry's largest cruise association, recognized by its
member cruise lines and preferred travel industry partners, with access to the most widely recognized Certification program in the industry.
If you are a "Store-Front" Retail Travel Agency, a Home Based Travel Agency, a Host Agency or a Non-Hosted Independent Travel Seller and focused on growing your cruise and leisure travel sales, then you deserve:
Joining CLIA as an Agency Member provides numerous benefits, including increased recognition, educational opportunities, resources, support and even extra earning opportunities!
- All CLIA Agency Members are recognized by our Member Cruise Lines– as well as many hotels, car rental companies, and international airlines – for reservation processing and commission payment.
- Agency Members can qualify for up to four CLIA ID Cards at preferred member pricing. This ID Card is the preferred or required travel agent credential requested by CLIA's Member Cruise Lines for FAMS and reduced rate travel requests, and is also recognized by many hotel, car, air travel industry partners as well as attractions for industry courtesies and discounts.
- Preferred pricing to CLIA events and invitations are extended to Members for participation in exclusive national cruise awareness programs.
- CLIA's training is acknowledged as the best in the travel industry, and has the most extensive programs, offerings, and training methods, enabling agents to close more sales in less time. CLIA agents claim that in earning their Cruise Counsellor Certification they increase their annual sales productivity an astounding 261%.
- Market Research at your fingertips. Each year, CLIA conducts a variety of proprietary marketing research projects. These learnings will help you sell more cruises and position yourself as a cruise expert.
- Sales & Marketing Tools more suited to help you market and sell to today’s consumer.
- CLIA Today is a Members Only e-newsletter that is distributed twice a month. Each issue includes special articles, agent features as well as sales and marketing tips designed to help you grow your cruise business.
- CLIA actively promotes the benefits and value of cruise vacations and the CLIA agent to consumers via public relations, promotional programs, the Internet, and more. In every case, the core message promotes the benefit of planning a vacation with a CLIA Cruise Agent and a Certified Cruise Counsellor. CLIA's goal is to continually drive new business to our CLIA members.
- Thousands of dollars in Bonus Commission & Value Added Coupons are provided as part of your Membership Package. Utilizing this member benefit can make your membership dues pay for themselves...and then some!
CLIA Membership Matters! Join or Renew Today!